What We're About
Over 30 years managing Innovations
B&A Engineering has achieved new heights, as we have learned from those who have brought us here, while we empower the genius of the next generation.
B&A Engineering Inc. was founded in August 2000 after more than 10 years experience in design and development of space flight systems with JPL. Today, B&A is a team inspired by ingenuity, driven by excellence, reliable to the core and dedicated to our relationships. B&A’s primary focus is centered on developing the highest quality space flight test systems incorporating former insights into space flight hardware and software design. B&A is devoted to collaborate directly with prominent engineers in developing systems from prototyping to system verification, quality assurance, and final implementation.
A Guide to What We Do
Our core values and beliefs define what’s important to us at B&A.
Small Business, Big Mission
B&A Company History
- Engineering is founded as a computer systems integration and network solution provider.
- Develops DB application software and business software applications.
- Designs the first FPGA in 1988 using the first generation of Xilinx 2064 FPGAs.
- Receives NOVELL certification
- Implements NOVELL network computer settings
- Utilizes NOVEL and Window 95 systems
Electronic Hardware Design
- Awarded contract by Teledyne Controls for the design of a PC ISA switching plug-in card for avionics test systems.
- Awarded second contract with Teledyne Controls for the design of Avionic Test equipment using Colorado Data Systems (CDS).
- Awarded contract with JPL for the design of space flight FPGA using ACTEL.
- Begins designing Radiation hardened digital electronics.
Mars Exploration Rover
- Awarded contracts by JPL to design radiation hardened FPGAs and digital and analog electronics.
- Mars Exploration Rover (MER)
Mars Science Laboratory (MSL)
- Awarded JPL contracts for system integration, testing and electronic prototyping.
- Mars Science Laboratory (MSL)
Space Flight FPGA
- Awarded JPL contracts for space flight FPGA and electronic board design
National Instrument Associate Alliance Partner
- Becomes a National Instrument (NI) associate alliance partner
- Sets up the first NI PXIe chassis
- Starts prototyping using LabVIEW FPGA
- Awarded multiple contacts for LabVIEW FPGA prototyping
Test Equipment Design
- Enters test equipment design, development and integration using NI hardware and Software
Board & Cable Assemblies
- Begins manufacturing board and cable assemblies.
- Develops and manufactures flight qualified electronics ground support equipment
- Receives ISO-9001 certification
- Expands into turn-key Mechanical and Electronic solutions including custom test equipment chassis
Small Business STAR Award
- Receives small business STAR award from JPL.
- Expands the manufacturing facilities and engineering capabilities to include the rack integration, SMT machine, CNC machine and Cable testers.
i. Waiting on specific ISO certifications
ii. ESD certified
i. 3 Certified LabView Developers
ii. 1 Certified LavView Architect